Federal, State, and Private Grants

A grant is money that does not need to be repaid. The Juilliard School will package all students with any federal/state grants for which they are eligible. These may include the following:

Federal Grants

The Federal Pell Grant: available to undergraduates who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and who have not completed their first undergraduate degree. Grants range from $606 to $5,920 annually, based on the expected family contribution (EFC) calculated on the FAFSA.  For more information, visit Federal Student Aid. Pell grant recipients with anticipated credit balances may request an advance of their refund to purchase books and supplies.  Contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information.

The Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG): available to students who are Pell-eligible. Grants range from $100 to $4,000 annually. Funds are limited and based on unmet need. For more information, visit Federal Student Aid.

State Grants

The New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): available to full-time undergraduate students who meet the State Education Department's New York residency requirements. Students must have graduated from a U.S. high school. Grants range from $500 to $5,165 per year for tuition only. New York State (NYS) residents attending NYS schools can link directly to the TAP application from the FAFSA submission confirmation page. For more information, visit the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC).

Veterans' Education Benefits

The Department of Veteran Affairs administers a variety of education benefit programs; however, the GI Bill and the Yellow Ribbon Program are the two most commonly used programs at the School.

To determine which VA educational benefit is best for you and to discuss your eligibility, students and families should contact the GI Bill hotline at 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.

Private Grants

We strongly encourage prospective applicants to apply for privately funded scholarships during the junior and/or senior year of high school. High school guidance counselors can provide information regarding application procedures. Many fraternal, industrial, community, and religious organizations sponsor scholarship and/or loan programs which should be investigated through the particular institution.

Here are some websites that you may find helpful when searching for private scholarships. Remember, you should never have to pay a fee to apply for a scholarship!

Currently enrolled Juilliard college students should also visit our department page for the latest private grant information.

Last Updated Wednesday, Jul. 05, 2017, 01:40PM